In this guide, you'll learn about how to install a Kodi VPN. Kodi is a popular media and streaming player that allows you to manage a large number of movies, TV shows, and series, music, eBooks, and photographs, etc. Not only that, but Kodi also allows you to play games. So why you’d want to use a VPN for Kodi? There are several reasons to do that.
- Access geo-restricted content
- Stop your internet service provider or any 3rd parties from tracking your online activities
- Unblock streaming channels such as BBC iPlayer
- Access P2P websites and use torrents
It is very much possible that you sign up for a VPN service and it supports a few Kodi addons and may not work with others. A handy Kodi VPN service should work with every Kodi addon.
So how do you set up a Kodi VPN? Here are the steps.
- Sign up for a VPN service
- Install the App and connect to your desired VPN server
- Run your desired Kodi addon
If you’re looking for a VPN on a budget with the capability to unblock the content for you and provide complete online security, FastestVPN is one of the best choices. You can sign up for a monthly, annual, or 3-years plan. But there’s great news, FastestVPN also offers a lifetime deal for US$ 80 and with our affiliate link, you’ll Get it just for $20.
How to set up a VPN on Kodi?
There are two methods to use a VPN on Kodi.
- Set up the VPN directly into the Kodi using the Kodi VPN addon “Zomboided”
- Install a VPN on your device (PC, smartphone, smart TV, router) and then the VPN will run over all Apps including Kodi
The first option, i.e. setting up the VPN using the Kodi VPN addon is supported on a limited number of operating systems which are:
- Windows (v7 and later versions)
- LibreElec (v7 and later versions
- OpenElec (v5 and later versions)