Set up IKEv2 VPN on Android Using the strongSwan VPN Client
This tutorial explains how to set up IKEv2 VPN on Android using the strongSwan Android VPN Client. Follow step-by-step to set up a strongSwan VPN on Android.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which offers the IKEv2 protocol.
1: Install the strongSwan VPN client for Android from Play Store.
2: Open it and tap on "Add VPN profile".
3: Provide the following information:
- Server: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- VPN Type: IKEv2 EAP (Username/Password)
- Username: Enter the username provided by your VPN service provider
- Password: Enter your VPN password
- Profile Name: Anything such as "IKEv2 VPN"
- Check mark "Show Advanced Settings"
4: In the "Server identity" add the VPN server's IKEv2 remote ID as provided by your VPN service provider and "Save" the settings.
5: Your IKEv2 VPN profile has been created. Tap to connect.
6: Accept the "Connection request"
7: Wait for a few seconds until your IKEv2 Android VPN connection is established. Later, you can use the same option to connect and disconnect VPN on Android.
More Free VPN Tutorials
Free VPN Tutorials also provide VPN setup guides for a number of operating systems and devices including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers, Apple TV, Kodi, and Chrome OS, etc. You can visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
By following the steps given above, you can set up an Android VPN using the IKEv2 VPN protocol through the strongSwan VPN client for Android. strongSwan client also includes advanced features such as split tunneling. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up the IKEv2 VPN on Android or any other operating system, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.