This tutorial explains how to set up a Windows VPN using the IKEv2 VPN protocol. Follow step-by-step to set up an IKEv2 VPN on Windows 11.
We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which supports the IKEv2 protocol and set up the Windows 11 built-in VPN.
Step 1: Open the "VPN Settings" from the Windows search.
Step 2: Click on "Add VPN"
Step 3: Enter the following info:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: Enter anything such as "IKEv2 VPN"
- Server name or address: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- VPN type: IKEv2
Step 4: Scroll down and enter the following info:
- Type of sign-in info: User name and password
- User name: Enter the username as provided by your VPN service provider
- Password: Enter your VPN password
- Check mark "Remember my sign-in info". Click on "Save"
Step 5: Your built-in VPN on Windows profile has been created. Click on "Connect".
Step 6: Wait for a few seconds until the connection gets established. Use the same option to disconnect VPN on Windows when needed.
More Free VPN Tutorials
Free VPN Tutorials also provides VPN setup guides for a number of different operating systems and devices including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers Apple TV, Kodi, Chrome OS, etc. Visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
IKEv2 VPN protocol is generally considered the fastest and the most secure as well. Therefore, IKEv2 is quite popular among VPN users. By following the steps given above, you can set up a Windows VPN using the IKEv2 VPN protocol using the Windows built-in VPN settings. Besides, if you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up the IKEv2 VPN on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.