This tutorial explains how to set up a VPN for Mac using the built-in Mac IPSec VPN client. Follow step-by-step to set up a VPN for Macbook.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which offers the IPsec protocol.
Step 1: Open "System Preferences", and click on "Network".
Step 2: Click on "+" sign and provide the info mentioned below:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type:: Cisco IPsec
- Service name: Anything such as "IPsec VPN"
Click on "Create"
Step 3: Enter the following info:
- Server Address: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- Account Name: Enter the VPN username provided by your VPN provider
- Password: Enter your VPN password
- Now click "Authentication Settings"
Step 4: In the "Shared Secret" enter the IPsec pre-shared key provided by your VPN provider and click "OK"
Step 5: Check mark "Show VPN status in menu bar". Then click "Apply" and then "Connect"
Step 6: Wait for a few seconds until the IPSec VPN on Mac is established. Later, you can use the menu bar option to connect and disconnect VPN on Mac
Free VPN Tutorials: What's More
Free VPN Tutorials also provide VPN setup guides for a number of operating systems and devices including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers, Apple TV, Kodi, and Chrome OS, etc. You can visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
By following the steps given above, you can set up a VPN for Macbook using the IPsec VPN client. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up the IPsec VPN for Mac, or other operating systems, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.