This tutorial explains how to Set up L2TP VPN for iOS, iPhone and iPad. Follow step-by-step for the L2TP VPN iPhone or iPad setup.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which offers the L2TP protocol.
Step 1: Go to Your phone settings, search "VPN". Then tap "Add VPN Configuration".
Step 2: Select "L2TP" as the VPN type.
Step 3: Provide the following info.
- Description: Anything such as "L2TP VPN"
- Server: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- Account: Enter the username provided by your VPN provider
- Password: Enter the password provided by your VPN provider
- Secret: Enter the pre-shared key given by your VPN provider
- Tap on "Done" there at the top right side.
Step 4: Your iPhone VPN L2TP profile has been created. Tap to connect.
Step 5: Wait for a few seconds until your L2TP iOS VPN connection is established. Later, you can use the same option to connect and disconnect VPN on iPhone and iPad.
More Free VPN Tutorials
Free VPN Tutorials also provide VPN setup guides for a number of operating systems and devices including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers, Apple TV, Kodi, and Chrome OS, etc. You can visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
L2TP, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol uses IPsec, which offers encryption and confidentiality. It has stronger encryption than PPTP. By following the steps given above, you can set up a VPN using the L2TP VPN on iPhone and iPad. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions about the L2TP VPN for iOS, or any other operating system, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.