This tutorial explains how to set up L2TP VPN on Mac OS. Follow the guide step-by-step to set up a L2TP VPN Mac.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which offers the L2TP protocol.
Step 1: Open "system Preferences", and click on "Network".
Step 2: Click on "+" sign and provide the info mentioned below:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type:: L2TP over IPSec
- Service name: Anything such as "L2TP VPN"
Click on "Create"
Step 3: Enter the following info:
- Server Address: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- Account Name: Enter your VPN username provided by your VPN provider
- Now click "Authentication Settings"
Step 4: In the "Password" enter the password provided by your VPN service provider. Now in the "Shared Secret" enter the L2TP pre-shared key provided by your VPN provider and click "OK"
Step 5: Check mark "Show VPN status in menu bar". Then click "Apply" and then "Connect"
Step 6: Wait for a few seconds until the L2TP VPN on Mac is established. Later, you can use the menu bar option to connect and disconnect VPN on Mac.
More Free VPN Tutorials
Free VPN Tutorials also provide VPN setup guides for a number of different operating systems and devices including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers, Apple TV, Kodi, and Chrome OS, etc. You can visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
By following the steps given above, you can setup L2TP VPN on Mac OS. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up a L2TP VPN Mac, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.