This tutorial explains how to set up a Windows VPN using the L2TP VPN protocol. Follow step-by-step to set up a L2TP VPN on Windows 11.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which supports the L2TP protocol.
Step 1: Open the "VPN Settings" from the Windows search.
Step 2: Click on "Add VPN"
Step 3: Enter the following info:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: Enter anything such as "L2TP VPN"
- Server name or address: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- VPN type: L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key
Step 4: Scroll down and enter the following info:
- Pre-shared key: Enter the IPSec pre-shared key provided by your VPN provider
- Type of sign-in info: User name and password
- User name: Enter the username as provided by your VPN service provider
- Password: Enter your VPN password
- Check mark "Remember my sign-in info". Click on "Save"
Step 5: Your VPN on Windows 11 profile has been created. Click on "Connect".
Step 6: Wait for a few seconds until the connection gets established. Use the same option to disconnect VPN on Windows when needed.
More Free VPN Tutorials
Free VPN Tutorials also provides VPN setup guides for a number of different operating systems and devices including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers Apple TV, Kodi, Chrome OS, etc. Visit all the Free VPN tutorials here
By following the steps given above, you can set up a Windows VPN using the L2TP VPN protocol. Besides, if you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up the L2TP VPN on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.