This tutorial explains how to set up a Windows VPN using the PPTP VPN protocol. Follow step-by-step to set up a PPTP VPN on Windows 10.
We Used FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which supports the PPTP protocol.
Step 1: Open the "VPN Settings" from Windows search. Click on "VPN" and then "Add a VPN Connection"
Step 2: Enter the following info:
- VPN Provider: Windows (built-in)
- Connection name: Enter anything such as "PPTP VPN"
- Server name or address: Enter the server address provided by your VPN service provider
- VPN type: Point to Point Tunneling protocol
- Type of sign-in info: User name and password
- User name: Enter the username as provided by your VPN service provider
- Password: Enter your VPN password
- Check mark "Remember my sign-in info". Click on "Save"
Step 3: Your VPN on Windows profile has been created. Click on "Connect"
Step 4: Wait for a few seconds until the connection gets established. Use the same option to disconnect VPN on Windows when needed.
Point-to-point tunneling protocol or PPTP is one of the ancient VPN protocols. It has a lower encryption level than OpenVPN and L2TP and a lower level of security. However, it offers a faster connection speed. It has a simple and easy setup on various operating systems such as Windows, Android, Linux, and a number of routers etc.
More Free VPN Tutorials
By following the steps given above, you can easily set up a Windows PPTP VPN. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to setting up the PPTP on Windows 10 or other operating systems and devices, please Contact us here for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.