This tutorial explains how to set up a PPTP VPN on Mint Linux. Follow step-by-step for the Linux Mint VPN setup using the PPTP protocol.
- We used the FastestVPN for this tutorial. While you can use any VPN service which offers the PPTP protocol.
1: Open your Mint Linux network settings and click "+" sign
2: Select "Point-to-Point-Tunneling-Protocol (PPTP)"
3: Click "Advanced".
4: Check mark "Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)" and then click "OK"
5: Enter the following information:
- Name: Any name for your VPN such as "PPTP VPN"
- Gateway: Enter the PPTP VPN server address provided by your VPN service provider
- User name: Enter the username as provided by your VPN service provider
- Select an option for the password such as "Store this password only for this user"
- Password: Enter the password as provided by your VPN service provider
- Click on "Add"
6: Now your PPTP VPN on Mint Linux profile has been created. Toggle the VPN switch
PPTP VPN protocol on Mint Linux has been connected now. Later, you can use the network menu to connect and disconnect VPN on Mint Linux.
Free VPN Tutorials: What's More
Free VPN Tutorials also provides VPN setup guides and instructions for a number of different operating systems and devices including Mac OS, iOS, Android, multiple distributions of Linux, Routers Apple TV, Kodi, Chrome OS, etc. You can visit all the Free VPN tutorials here. Let us know if you want us to add tutorials for more operating systems and devices
- Set up OpenVPN on Linux Mint Using the Network Manager
- Set up OpenVPN on Linux Mint Using the Terminal Command Line
- VPN on Ubuntu Linux
- Other Linux Free VPN Tutorials
By following the steps given above, you can set up the VPN on Mint Linux using the PPTP protocol. If you're looking for additional support or have any questions related to the Mint Linux PPTP or any other protocol, please Contact us for your questions, queries, feedback, or suggestions.